Top Content Marketing Tips for UK Businesses
The best content marketing enables you to build brand loyalty and increase reach by providing content that directly engages with your audience. It can enhance your reputation and generate buzz for your business as people share your content among their circles, essentially becoming advocates for your product or service.
Whether it’s a blog post, video, social media update or email newsletter, it’s important that the content either educates, informs, empowers, inspires or entertains.
The best part of investing in good content is that unlike a traditional marketing campaign which ultimately has an expiry date, a good piece of content marketing will continue to work for your brand long after it has been published.
Here are our top 10 tips for effective content marketing:
1. Invest in quality over quantity: Focus on creating fewer, but higher-quality pieces. If you’re currently writing three to five short posts on your blog, consider switching to one to two more “meaty” posts.
2. Dont be afraid to share old blog posts if you still think the content’s valueable to your audience.
3. If you’re using Twitter (which you really should be!) take note that Tweets with images are shared an average 150% more than standard posts.
4. Test a pop up opt-in list on your website to see how it affects conversion rates. Check out our website for Pleased To Meet You for a good example of how to do this.
5. Position yourself as a trendsetter by writing a post predicting trends in your niche or industry.
6. Make sure your content – whether written or otherwise – is optimised for users on smartphones and tablets. See our responsive websites guide for more info on how to do this.
7. Contact three key figures in your industry to talk about opportunities for cross promoting content via your email lists, guest posts and social media sharing.
8. Plan to incorporate content curation into your marketing mix. For best results in terms of SEO, be sure to add your own ideas and thoughts to the content you’re curating.
9. Take some time to learn about user-focused content strategies; it will pay off big time in the long term.
And, finally, if you don’t have the time or tools to produce quality content yourself then call in the experts – that’s what we’re here for!
Call us today: 0191 603 0499
Our bespoke web design packages start at just £499!